Do you like digital? Do you like strategy? Do you like making unique phrases out of two word combinations, maybe even out of the two words I JUST said? Are you smart enough to search for things on google like “horrible yet funny intern picture” like I just did AND THEN embed it in a blog post (hint: I, too, was once an intern)? My GOD do we have a job for you.
Mekanism is looking for a f*%king awesome Digital Strategist/PR intern. They’d be working closely with our (wait for it) Digital Strategist and the rest of our Social Media Syndication Team, which I just capitalized due to the nature of their importance. They would be..wait I don’t want to write this all here, full description down below.
Honestly: working here has been statistically compared to what it feels like the first time you laughed as a small child and/or the first time you enjoyed anything in your life, ever. That’s just science. Description below. I will now write in all caps where to apply.
Thanks. We love you already.
Digital Strategy Intern
Mekanism is searching for a rock-star intern to work closely with Mekanism’s Digital Strategist and Syndication team on online conversation research, digital influencer identification and digitally-integrated event execution for key lifestyle and consumer brands.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify online communities and digital influencers for digital PR outreach
- Conduct research to aid in the development of social media engagement strategies designed for maximum coverage
- Conduct online media outreach on behalf of Mekanism’s clients
- Contribute to the development of appropriate strategies and guidelines for community management of social media profiles
- Work closely with the Syndication team to achieve client business objectives
- Measure, monitor, and report results on an ongoing basis for multiple clients
- Communicate progress and status to client contacts, Social media and Syndication team
Required Skill Set
- Some previous PR or marketing internship experience required. Focus on digital and social media is a plus.
- BA/BS in psychology, communication or marketing from an accredited university a plus
- Experience with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare
- Excellent written, oral and analytical skills
- Passion for lifestyle, fashion or beauty products a plus
- Creativity, strategic thinking, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
This position reports to the Associate Director of Social Media.